- Excessive Alcohol consumption
- Conversion from hepatitis C or hepatitis B
- Disorder of excretory system of Liver
- Consuming any harmful chemicals etc.
Major symptoms are:
- Weight Loss or Weight Gain abnormally
- Symptoms similar to Jaundice like yellowing of palms, eyes etc
- Loss of appetite
- Visible blood vessels on skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) - This is the most useful medicine for this disease. The bark is useful as an anti-ischemic and cardioprotective agent in hypertension and in ischemic heart disease. It also has a tonic effect in cases of cirrhosis of the liver
- Boerhavia diffusa (Punarnava) - An alcoholic extract of whole plant Boerhavia diffusa given orally exhibited hepato-protective activity against experimentally induced carbon tetrachloride hepatotoxicity.
- Eclipta alba (Bhringaraj) - It is the main herb for treating liver disorders. It is normally given after mixing with ethanol in same quantities and it helps the liver by regulating the levels of hepatic microsomal drug metabolising enzymes
- Tinospora cordifolia (Guduchi) : This herb is used to treat HIV/AIDS, other immune diseases, and pita diseases. It is used as a blood purifier, to treat fever, and to aid recovery from fevers. It is also used for jaundice, digestion, constipation, hemorrhoids, dysentery, and cancer
- Glycyrhhiza (licorice or Mulathhi) : Licorice root has been used in both Eastern and Western medicine to treat a variety of illnesses, including liver disease.